We are proud to be Accredited and Certified by national and international organisations, recognizing us for our excellence and commitment in healthcare. The Hospital’s Management, taking into consideration the continuous increase in its operations, the requirements of its patients and associates, as well as the laws and regulations governing its operations, has adopted an Integrated Management System which encompasses the below international standards and requirements:
• CHKS International Accreditation Programme for Healthcare Organisations.
• Cyber Essentials Certification & Cyber Essentials Plus Accreditation.
• ISO 9001: 2015 Quality Management System Certification.
• ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System Certification.
• ISO 15189:2012 Medical Laboratories - Requirements for Quality and Competence Accreditation.
• ISO 27001:2013 Information Security Management System Certification.
• ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management System Certification.
YGIA Polyclinic is the only private Hospital that has been awarded to International Accreditation Hospital Standards. It is common knowledge to all that a big part of the Hospital’s success and good reputation is due to its employees.
We therefore ought to preserve the health & safety standards of our employees through procedures and working directives, providing them all that is necessary for them to feel safe and happy in their workplace.
Being aware of our duties and responsibilities towards our patients, workers, escorts, Exclusive Associates and Shareholders the organisation has committed to implement and maintain to keep international accreditation standards on safety, health and environmental issues, adopting safe practices of work.
We have the overall duty to ensure the health and safety or our employees and all other interested parties involved in our activities as well as the environment, based on policies and procedures on the organisation’s activities.
Our aim is for all interested parties to feel safe and wiling to be involved in the organisation’s activities through the procedures and working instructions that have been circulated. In order to achieve our above mentioned commitment, we have decided to proceed with the implementation and certification of an Environmental Health & Safety Management System covering all the services provided, based on the Occupational Health & Safety Management System Standard ISO 45001:2018 and the Environmental ISO 14001:2015.
Through the implementation of this system and the compliance with the existing national and european laws and regulations on health, safety and environmental issues we aim to achieve strategic objectives, which encompass the following:
• Creating a work environment that ensures the health & safety conditions of the people that are affected by the Hospital’s activities. This includes employees, Exclusive Associates, patients, visitors, subcontractors and any other third party.
• To minimize or eradicate the number of occupational accidents/ incidents and prevention of occupational diseases.
• Appointing roles and responsibilities on EHS issues providing all resources needed to all interested parties in order to achieve the above.
• Minimize or eradicate all environmental impacts that might arise during the company’s operations, aiming to eliminate every possibility of an environmental pollution and protection of the environment.
• Continuously promoting the safety culture at work of our employees.
• Achieving the environmental objectives set by the Management and increase awareness.
• The continuous improvement of the EHS Management Systems and of the health services provided to our patients.
As part of our efforts to achieve the above objectives:
• We have developed the appropriate emergency plans to ensure the effective management of incidents that may cause death, injury, occupational illness and environmental damage.
• We promote continuous professional development, in order for all employees to be informed of their rights as well as their responsibilities in health & safety issues.
• We’ve proceeded with a Risk Assessment Study, covering our activities, occupational hazards, analyzing all findings noting down all the existing as well as the proposed means for eliminating the risks.
• We have set up an Environmental, Health & Safety Committee with one representative from each department.
• We have set up environmental actions increasing awareness on environmental culture in the organisation. Our Health & Safety Policy has been communicated and understood by all employees in the Hospital.
The Management of YGIA Polyclinic will be a supporter of every good proposition, which will aim at the continuous improvement of our Health & Safety Standards.
The Health & Safety Policy will be reviewed annually in order to ensure its effectiveness. We want our employees, patients, Exclusive Associates and visitors to feel safe in their work environment. This is the only way they will be able to offer their valuable services to the patients and the Hospital to alleviate sickness and human pain.
Ensuring all the above, a safe environment is established ready to offer high quality health care services to all interested parties who uses the services of the Hospital. We commit never to stop this effort.
Information plays a key part in clinical governance, service planning and performance management. It is of paramount importance to ensure that information in any form (e.g. electronic, hardcopy, verbal), is efficiently managed and that appropriate policies, procedures and management accountability provide a robust governance framework for information management.
The Management of the Hospital has adopted the following information security policy. This Policy is derived from the information security objectives as formulated by the responsible Management of the Hospital.
The Hospital adopts the ISO/IEC 27001:2013, Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) for the structuring, maintenance and continual improvement of procedures and measures to safeguard the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information and information processing facilities.
The ISMS is under the umbrella of the Integrated Management System (IMS), which encompasses all related components of the Hospital (e.g. Accreditation, ISO certifications, policies, procedures, manuals, e.t.c.) into one system for optimized processes and resources. Further to that, the ISMS provides an excellent framework for compliance with most of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements.To achieve this, we systematically make improvements.
The Hospital's Information Security Policy is binding for all staff, as well as for all organisations, third party and sub-contractors who perform services for the Hospital.
Exceptions from parts of this Policy are allowed, provided they are authorized at a managerial level and have substantiated reasons. All employees, third parties and sub-contractors of the Hospital have a duty to protect data and information systems against unauthorized access, use, modification, disclosure, destruction, loss or transfer.
The Hospital actively promotes security awareness in its employees, contractors and visitors and ensures that all parts of this Policy are translated into actual measures, tailored to the tasks and responsibilities of the people concerned.
The Hospital undertakes a business impact analysis and risk assessment at least once a year to determine whether additional measures are necessary, data or information systems require additional security measures and an explicit owner to determine so. Hospital’s information systems are physically protected and operated in a manner that prevents unauthorized physical access. Existing applications are reviewed against this Policy. In case of exceptions a formal risk acceptance is carried out.
New applications and software should comply with the requirements specified in the ISMS. To ensure that information is available to users when it is required, the Hospital has documented and tested a Business Continuity Plan.
The Hospital's Management ensures that applicable legal and contractual requirements are identified and addressed.
The Hospital's Management will review the policy at least once a year and update it as necessary.
The Management of the Hospital is committed to offer healthcare services to patients conforming to the applicable legal requirements of the Republic of Cyprus, to the clauses of the International Standard ISO 9001:2015, and to the clients’ requirements.
For this purpose, the management has developed a Quality Management System, conforming to the International Standard ISO 9001:2015 which forms part of an Integrated Management System (IMS).
The Hospital has documented and standardized its procedures and has put in place mechanisms for the identification and fulfillment of its obligations and for its continual improvement.
• Describes the Hospital's operational and supporting procedures
• Sets the mechanism for the setting, monitoring and reviewing of key performance indicators and related targets
• Establishes communication channels within the Hospital to facilitate the flow of information, and
• Provides control to the Hospital’s key operations. The management and staff of the Hospital are dedicated to the implementation of the IMS and the continual improvement of the services offered for the benefit of their clients. The Hospital ’s objectives are:
• To fulfil patients’ requirements and to honor to the contractual obligations agreed
• To resolve patients’ complaints timely and effectively.
• To manage suppliers and subcontractors through the maintenance and monitoring of contractual agreements
• To make available the infrastructure required for the effective and efficient implementation of the IMS
• To maintain competent members of staff through training and development
• To maintain direct and open communication among all levels of staff.
These objectives are reflected in the Hospital’s policies, procedures, indicators and targets and are pursued by the management and staff.
Their achievement is audited during the internal audits of the IMS followed by the implementation of measures and the setting of controls.