General Surgery, despite its name, is a surgical specialty that focuses on abdominal organs, e.g. intestines including esophagus, stomach, small bowel, colon, liver, pancreas, gallbladder and bile ducts, and often the thyroid gland (depending on the availability of head and neck surgery specialists). It also deals with diseases involving the skin and hernias.
The Laparoscopic Surgery and Obesity Treatment Centre deals with minimal invasive (keyhole) procedures, where all ranges of surgeries are performed though the operative laparoscopy such as:
• Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy (gall bladder).
• Laparoscopic Appendectomy.
• Laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair (groin).
• Laparoscopic colectomy.
• Laparoscopic small bowel surgery.
• Laparoscopic esophageogastric (GERD, Hiatall hernia, Achasia) surgery.
• Laparoscopic splenectomy.
• Laparoscopic lysis of adhesions (Abdominal pain.
• Diagnostic laparoscopy.
• Laparoscopic oncologic staging surgery.