The Centre of Interventional Cardiology is fully-equipped with modern equipment and highly trained personnel, ready to meet a wide range of heart diseases, including acute myocardial infarction (heart attack).
The centre offers Diagnostic, Interventional and Therapeutic Services.
• Coronary angiography, left ventriculography, aortography.
• Right heart catheterization: cardiac chambers pressure measurement, estimation of cardiac output and vascular resistance.
• Pacemaker control and programming.
• Electrophysiology studies.
• Myocardial biopsy.
• Pericardial puncture for diagnostic purposes.
Interventional and Therapeutic Services:
• Primary angioplasty: the most efficient method of treating acute myocardial infarction by immediate opening of the occluded artery with balloon dilatation and stent implantation. The Cardiac Catheterisation Department is staffed by qualified medical and nursing staff ready to perform primary angioplasty (pPCI) 24/7.
• Percutaneous coronary angioplasty (PCI).
• Functional assessment of coronary vessel stenosis with FFR and iFR.
• Intravascular imaging study with intravascular ultrasound (IVUS).
• Rotablational atherectomy: modification of the plaque with a rotational atherectomy system (Rotablator) before stent implantation.
• Pericardiocentesis for the treatment of tamponade or significant pericardial effusion.
• Implantation of permanent cardiac pacemakers (single/dual chamber, biventricular pacemaker - CRT).
• Implantation of permanent cardioverter - defibrillator (ICD).